Several users often wish to know how they can make their phone number private due to several reasons. The most common reasons behind doing this is hiding a caller ID, playing a prank on friends and giving a surprise call to your loved ones and much more. Making your number private indeed gives you multiple benefits, and it gives you complete control over who can call on your number or who cannot. Private phone numbers have a beneficiary edge that normal numbers usually do not have. Besides a private phone number’s innumerable benefits, several users still do not know how they can make their phone number private. If you too feel the same need of making your phone number private and do not know how to do it, then you have come to the right place. Simply, go through the guidelines I have mentioned in this article and make your phone number private in no time by applying the methods mentioned below.
Here’s how to make your phone number private with any phone
It is the very basic and most convenient method by which you can make your phone number private in no time. With this method, you can even make your caller ID disappear on the receiver’s screen. You need to use a code to do so:
- At first, Dial *67 before any number you are going to call.
- After that, your caller ID will be invisible on the receiver’s mobile screen and will be shown as N/A or Private number.
- You will have to add 1 if you make long-distance or international calls and 67 before dialing a number.
- For example, if the number is 111-4444, then you will have to dial it as *671111-4444.
Here’s how you can make your number private on Android
If you are an Android user and are willing to make your number private then follow the steps I have listed below:
- Turn on your Android smartphone.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- Inside Settings section, select More Settings.
- Choose the Caller Id of yours in there.
- Now, shift the slider to Hide number to on.
- Follow the same steps if you want to make your phone number public with your Android smartphone.
Here’s how you can make your number private on iOS
To make your phone number private with your iPhone or iPad, follow the guidelines below:
- Turn on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose Settings from the menu by tapping on its icon.
- Find Phone option inside settings list and tap on it to open it up.
- After that, choose Show My Caller ID option.
- Now, move the slider to the left side to hide your Caller ID successfully.
Marshall Lyne is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Sara has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.