YouTube has everything that you want to watch: the latest videos, music, news, live shows, and a lot more. Playing YouTube with off-screen is a tricky business. If you’ve ever tried this, then you may have seen as soon as your device display turns off audio will also stop. This could be annoying when you’re listening to your favorite song, a show, or news. But, this drains the device battery a lot. Here is a way to listen to YouTube videos even when the device screen is off.
How to play YouTube videos with the off-screen in browser
Many people use YouTube to listen to music, radio shows, news, podcasts, and more. You may want to listen to your YouTube videos with the off-screen. Here is how can you do this.
1. A good web browser such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox should be installed in your device; probably you already have one. If not, then install one before going ahead.
2. Start the browser and open the YouTube website. You can select YouTube from the apps on the home screen or search for it on Google.
3. When the YouTube opens, touch the ‘More’ (Three dots) icon at the upper side of the browser.
4. A menu will pop-up on the screen, select ‘Request desktop site’ from the menu.
5. Wait for the YouTube to load in desktop site. Once this complete, search your video that you want to play in off screen and play it.
6. Keep the video playing and lock your device.
Now, your video will not stop and play continues even with the off-screen.
How to play YouTube videos with the off-screen using AudioPocket
Although the above option is best, without installing any external application, you can listen to YouTube videos with the off-screen. But, if you don’t find it comfortable, then here is an application you can try. AudioPocket is the free app available on Google Play Store that converts the YouTube videos in mp3 and makes it able to play in the background as a standard audio file. Here is how to use the AudioPocket app.
1. Launch the ‘YouTube’ app.
2. Find the music or any videos you want to listen with the off-screen.
3. Touch on the ‘More’ (Three dots) icon of your video. Some options will appear.
4. Select ‘Share’ from the options.
5. Now, wait for the video to convert into the mp3 file. When the video transforms completely, you’ll get notified.
As soon as the process complete, your YouTube video will start playing as standard audio. Now, listen to it with the screen on or off, your choice.
Play YouTube Videos with the screen off right from YouTube app
YouTube Premium is the subscription plan that YouTube provides at a cost. YouTube Premium subscription enables the YouTube content to play in the background as well as in the lock screen. The subscription plan also provides some extra features like ad-free videos and offline playing. If you want to access these features of YouTube, then you’ve got to pay for it.
Marshall Lyne is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Sara has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.